|The American Collegiate Retailing Association encourages the exchange of information and the development of professional activities among members, ACRA holds annual meetings, publishes a newsletter, holds workshops, and serves as a clearing house of resources for the teaching and research of the retailing industry. The activities undertaken by the membership of the Association are intended to accomplish the following:
To help achieve these goals, ACRA holds two conferences:
- Enhance the professional development of the membership;
- Promote retailing as a profession;
- Elevate the standard of education in retailing by strengthening the curriculum of college and university programs;
- Provide a clearinghouse for information on advances in retail teaching methods and retail research;
- Stimulate the exchange of ideas and retail research among the membership;
- Form strategic alliances with other related professional, business, and industry organizations.
- Encourage, support and disseminate retail research among academicians, practitioners, and students.
- Bridge international academic and retail boundaries
- ACRA Spring Conference is held annually to share research, teaching methods, and update retail competence of members
- ACRA/AMA Triennial Conference in collaboration with the American Marketing Association to foster collaboration between retail and marketing researchers